Saturday, May 12, 2007

Getting MyDVD to Work (Part 2) ... almost!

I was going to write the second part of my attempt to get MyDVD to work. When I posted Part 1, I had already got MyDVD to work ... finally! ... OR SO I THOUGHT!

What I didn't know was that images in the burnt DVDs came up upside down. Yup! Image and subtitles all upside down. I was thinking of just flipping the TV upside down but it's flipped image and the subs are going from right-to-left. Unfortunately, the subs in English and not Arabic/Jawi, so it makes no sense.

So that's eight pieces of DVDs headed for the bin.

Note to self: Check the first disk after burning!

Here are my earlier notes that I've made for this post. I don't think I'm going to rewrite this. I'm not sure if I will be tinkering with MyDVD anymore to try and get it working. It's too much hassle and I've got my Vista recently. So everything will be wiped. I heard that there is a DVD burning software that comes with Vista. I will have to find out more on that.

- Needed the latest XviD 1.1.2 decoder
- Downloaded ... not working
- Uninstalled DJBCP installed in Part 1

XviD Mpge-4 video decoder

Able to view in WMP
- thumbnail reappears in MyDVD

Direct Sound Device
Support decoding of Generic MPEG-4 video


RegSvr32 /u

Installed Dump Direct Show Filter from latest DJBCP

No problem with MyDVD LE ... subtitles not showing.

Reinstalled VobSub ... still not working

Installed DirectVobSub (VSFilter) 2.37


GSpot check - using VSFilter.dll


Related Posts with Thumbnails